What is VET Council City Forum?
Local authorities, education and training centers, companies, trade unions and professional associations, business and union organizations, all integrated in the governance framework of the Vocational and Education Training Councils, have local roots and social relationships that generate a unique and indispensable potential to address the challenge of improving Vocational and Education Training.
Catalonia’s VET council city Forum brings together a group of cities representing a very important part of Catalan GDP, companies operating in Catalonia, salaried population, vocational training centers, students who are in some kind of professional training and a high percentage of the country’s training offer.
In this sense, the Forum becomes a necessary interlocutor before other local administrations or entities in order to support the opinion and the vocational training task developed in the municipalities.
The Forum aims at promoting cooperation and collaboration among all the member cities, sharing initiatives, facilitating the transfer of knowledge and becoming one voice in the public sphere.
This Forum is made up of the City Councils of Barcelona, Lleida, Girona, Tarragona, El Prat de Llobregat, Mataró, Terrassa, Granollers, Rubí, L’Hospitalet de Llobregat and the Council of Conca de Ripoll i Riera de Caldes comprising Sabadell, Badia del Vallès, Barberà del Vallès, Caldes de Montbui, Castellar del Vallès, Cerdanyola del Vallès, La Llagosta, Montcada i Reixac, Palau-solità i Plegamans, Polinyà, Ripollet, Sant Quirze del Vallès , Santa Perpetua de la Mogoda and Sentmenat
During 2019, Catalonia’s VET Council City Forum has seen its number of representatives increased with the incorporation of Baix Llobregat Professional Training Council promoted by the Regional Council of the same region and representing the following 30 municipalities: Abrera, Begues, Castelldefels, Castellví de Rosanes, Cervelló, Collbató, Corbera de Llobregat, Cornellà de Llobregat, Esparreguera, Esplugues de Llobregat, Gavà, Martorell, Molins de Rei, Olesa de Montserrat, Pallejà, Palma de Cervelló, el Papiol , Prat de Llobregat, Sant Andreu de la Barca, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Sant Climent de Llobregat, Sant Esteve Sesrovires, Sant Feliu de Llobregat, Sant Joan Despí, Sant Just Desvern, Sant Vicenç dels Horts, Santa Coloma de Cervelló, Torrelles de Llobregat, Vallirana and Viladecans.
Right now, the Forum is made up of 53 municipalities, of which 37 have initial VET offer.
Some economic and demographic figures:
- More than 50% of Catalonia’s total population, young population and more than half of the unemployment registered in Catalonia are represented in the Forum
- In terms of self-employed workers, almost 50% are located in all the municipalities that make up the Forum.
- 67,5% of Catalonia´s salaried workers, that is two thirds of the salaried labor force in Catalonia are located in the municipalities that make up the Forum.
- More than 56% of Catalonia’s GDP is represented in the Forum
In addition, in terms of VET offer and number of students in initial VET, the localities integrating the Forum contain:
- Two thirds of the initial VET enrollment in Catalonia
- 72% of the enrollment and 57% of HNC centers
- 60% of the enrollment and 48% of VET centers
- How to contact (WRONG? ELIMINATE?)
- VET Council City Forum was constituted through an agreement with all the member cities (Mataró April 18, 2018). Internal regulations determine its form of organization.
- Currently, the City Council of Mataró is in charge of the Forum’s Secretariat.
- For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Documents of interest
- Cooperation and Collaboration Agreement
- Declaration of the VET Council City Forum